TragerMD & Trager MediSpa
Pediatrician & Adolescent Medicine Physician located in Great Neck, NY
Becoming a parent often brings out the best in adults, because they want to raise healthy, happy children. When it comes to finding the best in pediatrics, Dr. Jonathan Trager of TragerMD & Trager MediSpa is second to none. Located in Great Neck, New York, Dr. Trager is the only physician in the country trained in integrative medicine and board certified in pediatrics, adolescent medicine, pediatric dermatology, and dermatology. Dr. Trager and his experienced team understand parents’ concerns about children and adolescents. When you need a top-rated pediatrician, contact the office or schedule an appointment online.
Pediatric Care Q & A
What questions should parents ask a prospective pediatrician?
Finding the right doctor for your children can be challenging. How do you know if your kids will like them, or if they are qualified? Medical care should be a partnership between parents and pediatricians so your family feels comfortable with the care and expertise they receive.
Here are some questions you should research on a doctor’s website or ask in person when considering a pediatrician for your children:
- How long have you been practicing medicine?
- What are your board certifications?
- What are your specializations for diagnosing and treating children?
- What is your health care philosophy?
- What is your parenting philosophy?
- How long does a typical exam last, and what does it cover?
- If you are part of a group practice, what credentials do the other doctors and nurses have?
- Which hospital is your practice affiliated with?
- Through what age do you treat children and adolescents?
What is the difference between adolescent medicine and pediatrics?
Although adolescents and children have similar health concerns, adolescents face a different set of issues as they grow. Dr. Trager has board certifications in both pediatrics and adolescent medicine, and he understands the needs of young people ages 5-25 from medical and psychological perspectives.
Dr. Trager and his team believe in a patient-centered focus, so you and your children can ask questions and voice concerns to develop a trusted doctor-patient relationship. Adolescent health issues they address include:
- Checkups and preventive health screenings
- Treatment of acute illnesses, including hospitalization
- Nutrition, nutritional deficiencies, and eating disorders
- Gynecological exams for female patients
- Counseling for stress, anxiety, substance abuse, and relationship issues
When should I call a pediatrician?
As a parent, you know your children better than anyone else, so when they are not acting like themselves or serious symptoms arise, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Many pediatricians have an after-hours number so you can speak with a nurse or doctor at night or during the weekend.
Symptoms that you should never ignore and that warrant a call to your pediatrician immediately include:
- Fever of 104°F or higher
- Fever with other symptoms like skin rash, trouble breathing, difficulty walking, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Persistent vomiting and diarrhea lasting more than a few hours
- Persistent ear pain
- Cough lasting more than a week
For the most qualified pediatric care in the country, call or schedule an appointment online with Dr. Trager today.